A long phone conversation with Sara Bernal during yesterday's hike (with my hood up to protect the phone since it was pouring). We discussed all sorts of things diet, health and exercise and she was worried about ill effects of yo-yo dieting. Possible worries are increased weight gain on the up cycles and some studies suggest that yo-yo dieting increases risk of elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as risk of gall bladder disease. OK, that'd be uncool. My argument against being concerned that I have dropped and gained weight at times over the years, is that I don't fit what I think of as a worrisome profile. For me losing weight is much more a matter of eating right and exercising like a nut. I have never been into starving myself to lose weight, get fit, eat healthy and the pounds will go away on their own.
My, for now prodigious, gut tells me that this is a much healthier way to lose weight then throwing my body into starvation mode by not eating.
Anywho, time to go put another thirty miles on the bike that goes nowhere (though it actually moves about a half inch to the left whenever I ride it).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment