Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Slow week in the weight loss department, but...

All is certainly not bad news. I kind of expected a little lull about this far along. I've been eating very well, mostly fruits and vegetables, no pizza, McDonald's or other crap. Chicken instead of beef, salad for lunch almost every day. This change in what I am eating along with about two hours a day of exercise will keep me moving in the right direction. And so I tell myself that while I have hit a little flat spot for the last week, I am still moving in the right direction and this is, after all, a marathon not a sprint.

3 comments:

Philip said...

I did a weight loss experimental program and I was upset when I had slow weeks. They told me the research was supportive of daily weighing, even though it involves periods of disappointment, because it keeps you involved in the program. I guess it's just better than avoiding the scale. Anyways, you seem to have the spirit of it...

Liz Bogel Ryan said...

You're almost to the twenty pound mark, dude! And then the numbers that start with "2" are right around the corner. Wish I could be there to hike the Skyline trail with you; I love that one. Think of the transformation you made when you took your bike trip. It took me a few days to get used to how different you looked and it wasn't JUST the scruffy beard and helmet tan.

phil said...

Philip- I agree with the daily weight checks idea, seems to help me keep, well, involved is the right word. As for the slow weeks I am keeping in mind that it goes up and down a little with hydration and even if I don't have a loss for a couple of days all the exercise is turning blubber into muscle anyhow.

Liz- I am seeing the "2" numbers coming soon. And yes, there was a lot less of me after we shaved off all the fur.